Joe Knows Energy is committed to creating and nurturing a more diverse talent pool that brings together different perspectives, lived experience, and backgrounds to support our clients. For years, our High-Performance Program has been centered on a non-biased, blind screening process designed to match candidates to roles based on behavioral traits, technical skill, and team fit. Today, we are expanding our initiatives to focus on a comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of our continued commitment to creating a value-driven, people-first culture.
Helping Everyone Succeed Throughout the Hiring Process
Attracting and identifying new talent across a range of diverse backgrounds and demographics.
Following best practice in non-biased hiring for both demographically and neuro-diverse candidates.
Creating mentorship, team-building, and development opportunities for all team members to foster inclusion and equity.
DEI IN ACTION
When our client expressed a desire for diversity of thought among candidates, our team was committed to helping this client create a more diverse workforce from a local pool of talent.
Utilizing our High-Performance Program for recruiting and screening, our team identified a diverse candidate pool representative of the local community. Most importantly, the candidates were screened to be have the right technical skill, behavioral characteristics, values, past performance, and cultural fit to perform well in the client environment.
Based on our recommendations, the client selected a diverse pool of talent for their inspection team. The client was pleased with the candidates. Moreover, the staff placed had a 100% retention rate to completion of the project and consistent positive feedback throughout.
“DEI is an idea that we’ve always embraced. Our focus on High-Performance, People-First Culture highlights diversity – for demographically diverse groups and diversity of thought. We’re deeply committed to building a culture that creates a just and fair workplace for everyone. It’s something that aligns with our values and means a lot to me – and to our leadership team.”
RECRUITING AND STAFFING INITIATIVES
- Hiring Processes with Data, Facts, and Team Fit at the Center of the Process: Our High-Performance Program has been centered on a non-biased, blind screening process designed to match candidates to roles based on behavioral traits, technical skill, culture fit, and team fit.
- Starting at the Top with Leadership Awareness Training and Support: Our leadership team is undergoing training and receiving tools and support to better understand diversity, equity, and inclusion. From the executive level to team leaders, we are committing to an ongoing process of team workshops and training with the objective of fostering better conversations and bringing awareness to unconscious biases that can hinder hiring and development.
- Understanding What Our Candidates and Employees Need: This year, we’ve launched a resource and culture survey to better understand team sentiment on culture, inclusion at work, resources to develop their careers, training or mentorship needed, and more. The survey will be conducted annually to better understand our strengths and weaknesses – and provide a neutral feedback opportunity for everyone in our database.
- Attracting Diverse Talent in the Recruiting Process: We are expanding our reach into diverse communities with career awareness and opportunity postings. We are partnering with education programs, trade schools, and job fairs to promote opportunities and career education among a diverse group of new potential candidates.
- Providing Leadership, Mentorship, Training, and Collaborative Resources: Our team leaders and operations leaders are coaching, setting development goals, and providing mentorship to help all employees identify new opportunities and gain valuable soft and technical skill training. We are launching a mentorship program and employee resource strategy to help candidates and employees alike identify diversity groups, find new opportunities, network more effectively, and gain new career experience.
- Annual Culture Campaign with an Emphasis on Courage: Our annual culture campaign focuses on creating awareness of company values, skill development, consistent improvement, and being courageous enough to speak out for what’s right – this includes safety, accountability, diversity, and inclusion.
SUPPLIER DIVERSITY PERFORMANCE
29% of operational and overhead spend goes to vendors and suppliers who are minority- , woman-, or veteran-owned.
55% of operational and overhead spend goes to suppliers with a formal supplier diversity program.
89% of our operational and overhead spend goes to suppliers with some form of internal diversity program.
57% of our operational and overhead spend goes to suppliers with a formal DEI program.
SUPPLIER AND VENDOR INITIATIVES
All suppliers will complete supplier diversity documentation reporting on their diversity, DEI, and diverse supplier initiatives, providing input for benchmarking to measure program success.
As we nurture our own supplier database, we want to encourage our suppliers to do the same. With the aide of expert resources, we’ll be providing templates, tools, and guidance to help our suppliers develop programs of their own throughout the year.
Our team has added a resource for strategic outreach to minority subcontractors, vendors, and agencies to support ongoing development of strategic relationships with minority and other disadvantaged businesses.